Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


12 December 2010

day eleven | 11 things

prompt: 11 things
What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these things change your life?
(Author: Sam Davidson)

11 things my life doesn't need:

Lies. 
Specifically anyone perpetuating the lies of my youth - those mean stories made up by my mother. Grow up.

Weight. 
The 100 or so unnecessary pounds I'm lugging around with me every day.

Projects. 
Well, no more new projects until the old projects are completed!

Piles.
Laundry and paper. I have to come up with some kind of simple solution to keeping up with it all.

Smoke. 
Or the lies that come with hiding the smoke. Just quit. Or get out. I've had enough.

Excess.
Sugar. Activities. Chores. Assignments.

Excuses.
I know, scary.

Guilt.
Even scarier!

Mean.
I'm tired of mean-spirited people who make themselves feel better by making others feel badly.

Perfect.
It's overrated, inaccessible and boring. Let's all just strive for excellence, shall we?

Apologies.
Unless it comes with a change in behaviour. Otherwise, keep your insincerity to yourself.

BONUS WORD: 

Talk.
Less talk, more do.

I only just come to terms with this list so I have no plan for how to eliminate the things identified above or the possible consequences, but now that I've thought about them, I'll come up with a plan. No doubt, follow-up will be involved. I'll be posting it on my home on the www some time before the New Year.

2 comments:

  1. "Or the lies that come with hiding the smoke"

    Amen to that! The sneaking around and the shame and paranoia of being found out was the worst. It took me a few times but I did quit smoking for good. Keep at it, you can do it. Don't be nicotine's b*tch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pamela - the smoke to which I refer is that created by my husband. I quit years ago - and it really was terrible. But, my patience has run it's course!

    ReplyDelete