Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


15 December 2010

day fifteen | 5 minutes

prompt: 5 minutes
Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.
(Author: Patti Digh)

Okay, 10:15AM, timer on ... go:
  • driving Claire and Cole to school in the morning - one of those nice mornings where we weren't rushing (too much) and had a nice talk in the car during the 10 minute drive.
  • my sister Beth, after an evening out and a martini, dancing in the den and my kids watching in awe.
  • my kids splashing and laughing in the waves at the beach in Cape Cod.
  • the girls joyfully leaving for Florida, their glee only equalled by the boys knowing the house would be sister-estrogen-free for a week
  • the joy and chatter of Caden when his team won their hockey tournament.
  • watching and listening to Chloe sing with abandon. 
  • attending my sister Natalie's baby shower and watching her with baby Ava.
  • so much silliness enjoyed at our kitchen table during dinners and the occasional family brunch.
  • lunch with my best girlfriends: Lindy, Lorraine and Elaine - followed closely by watching them at the slots at Fallsview.
  • when Claire earned Optimates (honours) for her first year of high school and then at the celebratory dinner in the fall.
  • the surprise felt by us all when, after Cole won the Athlete of the Year honours, minutes later he also won the Arts Award.
  • the first sip of coffee in the morning while enjoying the view.
  • the year of the 3-D glasses, Jamie Oliver was welcomed into our lives,
  • watching the kids kayaking - silently drifting by the shore. 
  • my dad, excited like a little kid, showing off the newest addition to his art collection.
  • my boy Cole, on stage - a real stage, not a rink; and, Claire too!
  • the rare occasion when the household chores were completed and I didn't have to ask - memorable because it happened the one time.
  • helping me in the kitchen, Caden.
  • the quiet moments when the kids all get along.
  • Chloe and Caden running to the car with their final year-end report cards, anxious for me to read.
  • unexpected, welcome and affirming e-mails received from some incredible women
  • being able to see (and seeing) my sister Andrea and her family now that they live in town.
  • the utter joy on Chloe's face when she was accepted into Appleby for next year.
  • the tears of happiness at my parent's anniversary party this past weekend.
  • the awe of Jonah watching his "hero" Cole play hockey
  • watching Claire at the rink with Oskar, leaning into him, so comfortable and him smiling in response.
  • my boy Caden in his first tuxedo - with the flashy silver tie and vest. 
A quick spell check (not even for content!!). Done. My first thought after proofing: this is going to be an amazing album. I hope I have photos to go with most of this stuff!!

So much goodness shared this year.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Did you really type all that in five minutes??? Looks like you had a fabulous year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing I type fast, Cheri! I read the prompt and mulled it for a bit, this is what I came up with from the top of my head. Give me some more time and I could probably double the list. It was a fabulous year - when you dwell in the positive :)

    ReplyDelete