Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


31 December 2010

day thirty | gift

prompt: gift
This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?
(Author: Holly Root)

The most lovely gift I received this year was the gift of love and support.

I went through a spirit shattering June and suffered through a devastating, complete emotional tailspin, as a result. Most of July and August are a blur to me. Some residual gunk continues to reverberate through my being and I don't think I'll ever be quite the same again. (Note to self: when you think things can't get any worse, think again.)

The gift? Though most were utterly oblivious to what was going on, my friends through love and support, kept me grounded, confident and peaceful. My children, equally oblivious, continue to be my reason for being and the focus of all good things in my life. I am grateful for the laughter, love, support  and hugs shared with me in the nadir of my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment