Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


05 December 2010

day five | let go

prompt: let go
What (or whom) did you let go this year? Why?
(Author: Alice Bradley)

I let go of fear.

Specifically fear of rejection. Creative rejection.

I still shiver with the memory of it all.

Sometime mid-year, I started to submit my work. My work. Not my work for others. For subjective input. It was a terrifying process. I am fine, indeed thrive, in my safe anonymous world, but to put my name to work is intimidating. In order to be considered a writer, a photographer, a story teller, I had to let go of the one thing that was keeping me grounded: fear.


I am very glad I did.

3 comments:

  1. What a brave thing you have done over this past year...you are fearless my friend and you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Lee! :)
    You're pretty awesome in my books, so I'm glad you're letting the rest of the world get a peek at that awesomeness through submitting and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am shocked that you were ever fearful of letting it go and putting yourself out there. you are wonderful damnit. because i said so!

    ReplyDelete