Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


31 December 2010

day thirty-one | core story

prompt: core story
What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world?
(Author: Molly O’Neill)

In my house my mantle is filled with the word "believe". It is the guiding word I chose for our family, years ago, in 2003, when Caden nearly drown and the effect it had on everyone in my home. (It's alternative would be resilience.) You can't go through the day in my house without seeing this word. It is positive, upbeat, and encouraging. It is the start and the end of all things.

Like everyone, I've had some huge events in my life and I've learned that I have a choice: react well or react badly. I can choose to be a negative person: which is easy, as it comes naturally; or work, daily, at being a positive and upbeat person who attempts looking for the bright side, even when that light is dim and distant.

I choose to believe in, encourage and embrace positive energy, positive curiosity, positive chances, positive projects, positive thoughts, positive ideas, positive inspiration. I choose to do that with photos + words which I share with the world in the form of blogs, galleries, facebook, conversations, albums, journals, relationships and choices.

My core story? In spite of it all, I choose to believe in the good, the kind, the positive, the light.

1 comment:

  1. You have been an amazing encouragement and teacher to me this year. I have really enjoyed reading your Reverb prompts. I can not wait to see what you have to share with us this upcoming year. Bless you my friend!

    ReplyDelete