Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


19 December 2010

day nineteen | healing

prompt: healing
What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?
(Author: Leoni Allan)

This year was not one of healing. Maybe more one of diagnosing? Maintaining the status quo? Experimentation? Nothing was made worse, but there was no healing, for me.

I am, of course, referring to my struggle with psoriasis.

I learned a lot while researching how best to heal Claire of her eczema in a non-invasive more natural method devoid of steroids or medication which have adverse long-term implications. I don't want to mask her eczema, I want to eradicate it. We are attending a local naturopath in order to address her allergies and other sensitivities. We've learned through traditional medicine (thank you Dr. Roisin via Dr. Oz) that psoriasis and eczema manifests as a result of an allergy, it's not just simple dry skin. Really, really annoying dry skin. We are treating it through less (or more, depending on your approach) traditional methods: electronic acupuncture and natural supplements.

Next year, I'll get treatment as well and welcome the results!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! My daughter Taryn has suffered with extreme eczema in the past. Her doctor did not think testing her for allergies would help and said she was too young. I found a new doctor who took one look at my daughter and said that nobody should suffer like that(she was oozing by then and scratching herself raw at night).
    After getting her tested we found all of the things that she was allergic to and it has been life changing for her. There are certain seasons that still trigger it to be worse than some days, but it's still a miracle for us. I hope you guys get it under control and healed!

    ReplyDelete