Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


06 December 2010

day six | make

prompt: make
What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
(Author: Gretchen Rubin)

Lately I've been fascinated with specimen art. It appeals to my sense of clean lines with a simple single message. It is stylish, timeless and calm using simple materials of computer, printer, ink, scrapbook paper, foam adhesive and Ikea frames. I've been busy mixing and matching some ideas to make more.

My very first effort, a gift for my new niece:
Ava Art
This has been followed up with a number of requests for more. To the point where my next "make" might lead me to create an ETSY shop sometime in the new year. When I can make time for it. The welcome appreciation for the idea has been gratifying and fun.

The natural follow-up to this project is subway art or some such other frame-able idea. I'm still not sure, but I have to admit that my mind is spinning with ideas and that missed feeling of waking up and writing down ideas to quiet my mind has come back with a vengeance. That makes me so happy - giddy with relief, really.

Other recent makes (all 9" x 9" frames, art is 5"x5"):



and a 19"x19" version (art is 12" x 12"):

6 comments:

  1. I love the minimalist "feel" of these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loviong these project you have listed. You truly are talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee they are all divine - no wonder they are in demand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A mind spinning with new ideas is such a beautiful thing. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never realised these had such a fitting name! they are very cool!

    ReplyDelete