Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


22 December 2010

day twenty-two | travel

prompt: travel
How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?
(Author: Tara Hunt)

This past year held one meagre travel opportunity: I managed to squeeze in five days and took all four kids to Cape Cod for a holiday during their summer break. Only five days available in ten weeks because their schedules demanded that we be home for camps, hockey commitments, football games and plans with friends. It was a wonderful five days filled with new adventures, seafood, trips to the beach, visits to the mall, walking through Chatham, consuming ice cream, shark sightings, overflowing dishwashers, huge blue hydrangeas, high tides, sea knot bracelets, singing in the wind, soaking in the rain, engaging with grandparents, collecting rocks and sea shells and snoozing in the truck during the 10-hour drive there and another 10-hours back again.

For next year, in addition to heading back to the ocean with the kids, I've been thinking about taking a couple of trips, for myself. Some place warm. Some place contemplative. Some place rejuvenating. I don't know where that will be exactly, but I'm anxious to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment