Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


28 December 2010

day twenty-eight | achieve

prompt: achieve
What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
(Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)

I want to achieve less in order to appreciate more.

I imagine, above all, I will feel a sense of relief. 

I want less of me.
I want less to organize.
I want less to launder.
I want less to cook. Or, less ingredients. Less complicated, surely.
I want less on my to-do lists.
I want less "should"
I want less gossip.
I want less frustration and anger.
I want less noise and confusion.
I want less meaningless stuff surrounding me.

Less is sounding better and better! I didn't just start today, I've been thinking on less for a while - now it's time to work on less.

3 comments:

  1. I like this formulation very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh. This was really good. I agree 100% on this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete