Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


20 December 2010

day twenty | beyond avoidance

prompt: beyond avoidance
What should you have done this year but didn't because you were to scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)
(Author: Jake Nickell)

My ongoing issue is my weight. I am double the woman I once was.

There are a couple of issues starting with my need for instant gratification. A most recent example: if I'm gaining weight because, according to the health experts, I'm eating too much cheese, why when I give up cheese (which I have now for two or more months) do I not lose weight as a result?

The bigger issue though is my using my weight as my armour. My excuse for not engaging. My fall-back. It is fascinating how I can fill up a room physically and still be completely invisible to those around me. I have come to terms with how weight is my armour and the list is quite extensive and somewhat disturbing.

I may not address my weight issue in the coming months, but I will be dealing with my armour issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment